I just got nominated the Liebster Award by CMBohley! Check out her cool writing blog, called Writers Blok. Now isn’t that a cool blog name?
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers, and it’s a chain award, so if you’re nominated you pass it on.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger who nominated you gave you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other blogs.
- Notify them that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions I’m answering from CMBohley:
What’s your guilty pleasure?
There are a lot of things I enjoy, but do I have to feel guilty about them? Hmm . . . well, I just looked up the definition of “guilty pleasure”, and it’s just something I like that isn’t usually held in high regard. I’d probably say the Star Wars prequel movies, because of the story line and messy characters. And the clones, of course!
The cliche—what’s your favorite color?
I have to say black or silver. Not generally flashy, but can be, in a classy way.
If you had to go into hiding and disguise yourself, what would your new identity be and what would you look like?
Depends on the circumstances . . . if I were running from the law for some horrendous crime, I wouldn’t want to attract attention. I’d probably go out of the country to Sweden or something, and be a middle middle class dudette . . . however Swedish dudettes look like.
If I had to hide myself just for a general reason, I think I’d be an computer programmer, live in a cheap apartment, and wear jeans with a cotton T-shirt every day. Secretly, after work, I’d write.
What’s your favorite book series?
Star Wars: Republic Commandos by Karen Traviss! It’s what inspired me to start tackling a novel. If you haven’t read this series and you like the Star Wars prequels or Clone Wars, check this out. It’s all a British military-style family drama. The first book in the series is here.
If you were a donut, what kind would you be?
A doughnut no one wants to eat. Or . . . one everyone wants to eat. Maybe one of those fancy 24-karat gold doughnuts.
Do you like the rain? If so, why?
Sometimes. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so it’s a love-hate relationship. It’s kind of depressing, when that’s all you see for months. Right now it hasn’t rained, just really frosty.
Coffee or tea, or neither?
Tea! I love English Breakfast with coconut milk and honey. Yum!
Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla, if I had to choose, but I like chocolate too. I like combinations of chocolate and vanilla.
What’s your personality type?
I’m an INTJ-A and an enneagram 1w9. I don’t fit them exactly, but it’s closest. I also love playing around with personality types! Let me know in the comments what your personality types are!
What would you do if you won the lottery (post screaming and telling everyone you know)?
That’s CMBohley’s question, and she’s an extrovert, so maybe that’s what she would do. But introverts don’t exactly feel comfortable doing this. The first thing I’d think about is my safety. I’d worry about being robbed, so I’d try to deposit the money in the bank ASAP. And then give some to charities, finish school/get a job, and let my parents retire.
You can bring any inanimate object to life. What do you choose and what do you do with it?
Generally I wouldn’t want this to happen. I’d say no way.
Eleven Random Random Facts About Myself
- I’m a shameless evangelical Christian!
- I was homeschooled through middle school, but I’m going to a public school now, in high school.
- I want to be a surgeon. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to join the Army, but let’s just say I had some misconceptions about the military.
- The first story I ever wrote was about someone getting locked out in the cold (I was 6 years old), which was followed by a story about the true meaning of Thanksgiving. It started with, “Thanksgiving is not about catching turkeys.”
- I have really supportive parents, and a super cool little sister. She’s amazing. Seriously. Check out her YouTube channel here.
- I love Star Trek: The Next Generation. Data, Picard, and Dr. Crusher are my favorite characters.
- I started blogging August of last year.
- I have a nameless plush weighted elephant that I like to pet. I like petting soft things.
- I’m writing an Inspirational Space Opera, which I started a year ago.
- I like listening to everything from Christian worship, jazz, blues, rock, and space instrumentals.
- I’m a super perfectionist (sometimes helpful, sometimes crippling).
Bloggers I’m Nominating
Brittany at Art + Life
Ruby at The Sea Calls Us Home
M. R. Foti at Always Inspired Writing
Melody Chen at Heart Beating Wings
The Eleven Questions For Nominees
- What’s your favorite novel genre?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What means the most to you in life?
- What would you do if aliens came to planet Earth?
- When did you start writing?
- What would you do if there was an apocalypse?
- What fandom would you choose to live in, if you had to?
- Leave a link to your favorite blog post you wrote. Why did you write it, and what’s its inspiration?
- What are you interested in that people don’t normally know about?
- If you were in charge of creating a government, what government structure would you use?
- What quirks do you have?