I haven’t really posted anything lately, but that’s because I’m editing the first draft of a novelette I just finished. I’m also working on a short-story-slash-poetry piece of writing. I’m writing it now and hope to get it out soon!
Here are the rules for the Randomness Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Then you must nominate 5 people and ask them 10 questions.
1. What’s one of your favorite blog posts from your own blog?
I would have to say how to say: I Love You, because I was able to take some feelings that had been brewing deep inside of me and turn it into words. I have trouble conveying my emotions, so it was a little leap for me.
2. What’s a blog post from your blog that you’d redo?
Hmm, that’s a hard one. I can always go back and edit posts so I don’t have a lot that I’d redo. I am not that proud of some of my weird dream poetry—or my cringey Star Wars: Clone Wars fanfiction that I have here.
3. Who got you into blogging?
I’d probably say my parents. They wanted to give me a platform to share my writing and publish it.
4. Who is your favorite author?
This is one of those tricky questions! The easy answer is to say God, because the Bible is such a beautiful, complex, and intricate story. I also really enjoy C.S. Lewis’ theology books. His books are so vivid and passionate and poetic. As for authors that aren’t related to theology, Karen Traviss is my favorite author. When I read her Star Wars: Republic Commando series, her writing immediately hooked me. She has a balance of everything, but I love how straightforward, witty, and descriptive her writing is. Also, her characters are so real.
5. Do you own any plants?
I started laughing when I read this question because it was so out of the blue, but I love it. No, I don’t own any plants (as far as I know).
6. What’s your favorite flower?
Honestly, I don’t know about many flowers. My yard has daffodils, tulips, peonies, hydrangeas, and irises, but I think I like smaller flowers like baby’s breath.
7. What takes up most of your time?
School and sleeping, without a doubt! I need my sleep or else I can’t function at school, so it’s kind of a cycle. I spend about 8 hours a day at school and still have homework and studying afterwards.
Besides those two, I hang out with my family a lot. We talk, play music, eat together, and just enjoy each other’s company. They’re the best!
8. What do you use to procrastinate the most with?
Probably writing. Sometimes I spend a lot of time writing, blogging, etc. when I should be doing other things!
9. Are you more of a loud person or a quiet person?
I’m definitely more of a quiet person, but if you get me talking I can go on for a while!
10. Are you tired of me (Acacia) tagging you for stuff?
No, I don’t mind it! I’m happy to do these posts; they’re actually pretty fun! It kind of reminds me of a community party.
My Questions For Nominees
- What do you want to do for a living?
- What is/was your favorite subject in high school?
- If you had to give one piece of advice to everyone right now, what would it be?
- What is something only you can add to the world?
- What do you appreciate in another person?
- What’s number one on your bucket list?
- What’s the best dish you can cook (or not)?
- Who can you not live without?
- What’s your favorite kind of music to play or listen to?
- What is the last funny conversation you overheard?
Darius Marley @ Darius Marley (Thanks for following my blog!)
GM @ GM Jeffironious (Thanks for following my blog!)
KayCKay @ KCKay Book Reviews (Thanks for following my blog!)
CM Bohley @ Writers BloK
Kristen @ Beyond Secret Pages